Friday, July 17, 2009

WHILE YOU WERE OUT


Wowza, it's been a helluva week. I'm trying to get bloggie with it, so here's what I've been doing, instead of blogging:

Saturday=Green Day. I made $65.00 at the show. I could have gotten free tickets for it through TC Daily Planet, had I had the night off, but this worked out better. Oh, and Green Day still rocks. I'm gonna have to download, er, buy, all their albums. I love it when a band proves to you why they're still around, strong, and enjoy a devoted fanbase.

Sunday=Bastille Day. Halloween Alaska, Sims, and others entertained a packed crowd for this annual summer block party put on by Barbette. I was working this for Vita.mn, so I got beer and food tickets. Good stuff. A little too boring and crowded for me. Definitely was a little too partied out from the weekend for a Sunday event.

Monday=Harry Potter screening. I've never read or seen any of the other movies, which apparently is essential to enjoying this movie. Fans of the book did seem to agree this one's a little slow in the beginning, but an hour and a half of wizards attending class is a little much. I do want to see the other movies and the ones coming up, though, just to see if that helps matters. Won't be doing this anytime soon.

Tuesday=???. Not much I had to do this day, I think. Worked on a new story, about Flow: North Arts Crawl. Watched the original Black Christmas with Joe, and wondered why I loved the movie so much the first time around.

Wednesday=???. Had to wake up super early to work a Lynx game, and had a horrible time trying to keep my coworkers in check all morning. This must be what having kids is like. Was too hung over to deal with the artist interview I had scheduled, so I re-scheduled it to Friday, and asked for a later deadline.

Thursday=bike, boxes, Beyonce. Long freakin' day. Brought the bike I got hit by a car on to a shop, where I ended up leaving it. It would have cost too much to fix, 'cuz I'd have to replace everything on the freakin' thing. Besides, the person I got it from bought the bike from Re-Cycle, which is one of the worst ideas ever. I'm still perusing MPLSbikelove.com for cheap used bikes. Then I had to help my friend move for a few hours before the Beyonce concert. The move went well, cuz my friend had moved all the large items with someone else on Wednesday (thank you, Target Center, for making me work on Wednesday!). The Beyonce concert was nuts, and I wished I had taken the night off and went to see the show. Beyonce's definitely got a ton of infectious hits I like to shake my bootylicious to.

Friday=Artist Interview and North Minneapolis tour. I met up with the artist I'm writing about for the Flow North Arts Crawl, which occurs next Saturday, July 25. The interview went great, and this story and event are much cooler than I could have ever imagined. Hearing the artist's story made me grateful to be a writer, and to have the opportunity to write and engage in subjects and people that matter and are making a difference. And, in turn, to be one of the people making a difference in the community. Definitely a good feeling.

That's a wrap!!! Gonna be writing a lot this weekend, about the art crawl, and then a preview of Soap Factory's Artery 24. More to come on both stories, of course. Cheers, and happy weekend!

No comments: